How do you keep mold from spreading?
Set up mold containment.
When mold is in your home it is important to keep it form spreading. SERVPRO of St. George uses containment while removing mold from the homes in the St. George area. Here are the steps to using containment:
- Test for mold and follow procedures from Indoor Environmental Specialist.
- Seal doors, windows, plugs, and registers with 6 millimeter plastic sheeting.
- Use painters tape to keep from destroying wall surfaces.
- Entryways should have two layers of plastic sheeting with openings opposite each other.
- Set up a dressing room to remove soiled coveralls before leaving containment.
- Create negative pressure inside containment with a HEPA filtered Air Filtration Device.